About Cellular Therapy
Recent years have witnessed a sharp increase in research related to regenerative medicine. The rationale behind this form of therapy is that putting your own cells into your body may help regenerate diseased or damaged tissues.
As with any relatively new discipline, there is a mix of hope and skepticism among both patients and practitioners about the long-term effectiveness and safety of regenerative medicine. Research has offered compelling data pointing to potential benefits of cellular therapy – particularly mesenchymal stem cells – in managing symptoms of numerous diseases.
Not surprisingly, increased excitement about the potential of regenerative medicine has given rise to hordes of new stem cell therapy providers.
Unfortunately, not all therapy options and facilities are created equal. Many patients looking to take advantage of novel breakthrough therapies are instead falling victim to unscrupulous providers. These dangerous (and potentially fatal) procedures serve to amplify concerns from skeptics.
Arm Yourself with Knowledge
As discussed in our blog post Don’t be Duped! Avoid These 5 “Information Traps” in the Stem Cell Industry, there are two extreme perspectives about stem cell therapy:
- Those who believe that anyone can visit a seminar over the weekend and learn how to extract, isolate and administer cells without any risk to the patient.
- Medical professionals that believe if they cannot “throw a pill at it” or “cut it open,” they cannot help the patient.
Both perspectives represent a callous disregard for the welfare of the patient, and contribute to a negative view of the field of regenerative medicine.
Patients should look for a center that:
- Is backed by decades of scientific research, and performs lab processing techniques in a highly controlled lab by a qualified lab biologist.
- Adheres closely to the regulatory landscape of the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA). The FDA has become increasingly vigilant regarding cellular therapy scams, with a commitment to protect unsuspecting patients from potential harm.
- Operates within the guidelines of the International Society of Stem Cell Research (ISSCR) and the International Society for Cellular Therapy (ISCT). All GIOSTAR Chicago procedures are also done in accordance with FDA regulations CFR21 Part 1271 (1271.15.b).
For patients and consumers, navigating options for cellular therapy can seem overwhelming. Choosing the right provider is critical to ensure that patients receive safe, scientifically research based therapy that may provide symptomatic relief.
Why GIOSTAR Chicago
GIOSTAR (Global Institute of Stem Cell Therapy and Research) is the pioneer and leader in regenerative medicine. The Institute has been at the forefront of cellular therapy research for more than two decades. Headquartered in San Diego, California GIOSTAR has locations in India and Mexico. In the United States, the GIOSTAR Chicago center serves as the sole clinical facility where patients receive therapy to help manage symptoms of musculoskeletal injuries and degenerative conditions.
GIOSTAR is the leader in developing the most advanced cellular therapy-based technologies, under the guidance of Co-Founder and Chairman Dr. Anand Srivastava. As a leader in the field of regenerative medicine, GIOSTAR’s vision is to provide cost-effective, safe, customized, and extensively researched cellular therapy to those suffering from degenerative diseases.
GIOSTAR protocols are based on the research of highly renowned scientists, whose pioneering research has advanced the field of regenerative medicine significantly. Those administering cellular therapy at GIOSTAR undergo extensive and ongoing clinical training, using only licensed cellular products.
Our patients benefit from the expertise of highly trained lab biologists, who perform procedures in our state-of-the-art lab facility. GIOSTAR’s approach provides a unique combination of evidence-based scientific techniques and a highly personalized approach to patient care.
In addition to its collaboration with the world’s leading academic and research institutions, GIOSTAR distinguishes itself from other therapy providers with its unwavering commitment to the needs of our patients. Because each patient’s condition is different, individuals must complete a medical history form that is rigorously reviewed by our clinical review team. Not all patients that apply are accepted for therapy.
Interested in Learning More?
We invite you to contact us to learn more about our services. You can either:
- Complete the Contact Us or Medical History Form online
- Contact us via e-mail (email@example.com) or phone (844-446-7827)
- Connect with us on our social media channels, including Facebook, Twitter, and YouTube